The Most Popular Application has announced the 2016-2017 personal statement essay prompts is going to be identical to the 2015-2016 prompts. By performing an evaluation process almost every other year, instead of yearly, we are able to listen to admissions officials, in addition to students, parents, and counselors, about the potency of the essay prompts.
These prompts are made to elicit information which will strengthen another aspects of the applying. “You want to make certain that each applicant will find a house inside the essay prompts, and they may use the prompts like a beginning indicate write an essay that’s authentic and distinguishing,” stated Scott Anderson, former school counselor and current Senior Director for Programs and Partnerships for that Common Application.
One of the greater than 800,000 unique applicants who’ve posted a typical Application to date throughout the 2015-2016 application cycle, 47 percent have selected to create regarding their background, identity, interest, or talent – which makes it probably the most frequently selected prompt 22 percent have selected to create a good accomplishment, 17 % in regards to a lesson or failure, 10 % in regards to a problem solved, and 4 percent a good idea challenged.
Using the discharge of the essay prompts and also the announcement that student accounts produced now will rollover to 2016-2017, counselors can introduce their juniors towards the Common Application now, or every time they are prepared.
1. Some students possess a background, identity, interest, or talent that’s so significant they feel their application could be incomplete without them. If this describes you, then please share your story.
2. The training we originate from failure could be important later success. Recount an accidents or time whenever you experienced failure. How made it happen affect you, and just what have you gain knowledge from the experience?
3. Think about a period when you challenged a belief or idea. What motivated you to definitely act? Can you result in the same decision again?
4. Describe an issue you’ solved or perhaps a problem you’
prefer to solve. It may be an intellectual challenge, an investigation query, a moral dilemma – something that is of private importance, regardless of scale. Explain its significance for you and just what steps you required or could automatically get to identify an answer.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to their adult years in your culture, community, or family.